Sometime in 2012, I bought a juicer and didn't do anything with it until last month when my dad told me to buy a Nutribullet. I told him that I didn't need one 'cuz I have a blender and a juicer, and I hadn't even opened the juicer out of the box! He said I should get the Nutribullet anyway, so I did, and gave the unopened juicer to a friend.
So far I've tried many of the 'Phase 1' recipes, the easy, palatable recipes that are basically half salad and half fruit. I use a lot of frozen fruits, and my juices end up tasting quite watery. The other day, however, I bought some orange juice 'cuz that's what I normally do when I don't feel well, and I decided to add some to the Nutribullet instead of a half an orange. Wow. The taste was amazing! Perhaps I am getting a lot more sugar that I am supposed to by doing this, but I really like the taste! In the future, if a recipe calls for an apple or an orange, I'll add some juice. I am also thinking of purchasing a frozen can of concentrate. Who makes juice from concentrate these days?
I can't say that my life has changed dramatically yet, but I do have to say that juicing is fun, and I even used the machine to make the oatmeal banana pancakes with cottage cheese that I mentioned in a previous post. It's nice to have a little machine that can produce small quantities.
No comments:
Post a Comment